8-12 Oct 2017, Toulouse, France
This year the CRESCENDO General Assembly took place at Meteo France Conference Centre in Toulouse, France. This meeting was extended with sessions in which first results and future plans of the 3 so-called LandMIPs (C4MIP, LUMIP, LS3MIP) of CMIP6 were discussed. Special thanks go to Roland Seferian, Sarah Berthet and Matthias Rocher for acting as local organisers and all their help to run a successful meeting. The main CRESCENDO meeting ran over three days (8th to 10th Oct 2018) with around 98 attendees from all CRESCENDO partners, International Advisory Board members and several International Collaborators The GA was followed on the 11th and 12th Oct by the LandMIPs meetings. Simultaneously, also a NEMO meeting was organized in this week at Meteo France. The week agenda was as follow:
- Monday 8 Oct: CRESCENDO main meeting.
- Tuesday 9 Oct: CRESCENDO main meeting.
- Wednesday 10 Oct: (i) Morning: CRESCENDO main meeting; (ii) Afternoon: Joint overview session of CRESCENDO, C4MIP, LUMIP and LS3MIP; and (iii) Evening: Public Outreach event in Toulouse downtown.
- Thursday 11 Oct: Plenary LandMIP sessions / NEMO user group parallel meetings.
- Friday 12 Oct: Parallel Q&A Land MIP sessions / Plenary NEMO-users session.
All presentations from the GA and full version of the meeting minutes and post-meeting survey results have now been made available on our Intranet.
Figure 1. Photos from the GA2018 in Toulouse and event announcements. Bottom left: panel of Experts at the Conference Grand Public, from left to right: Pierre Friedlingstein, Laurent Bopp, Hervé Douville, Sonia Seneviratne, Quentin Perrier and Catherine Jeandel. Read more