CRESCENDO's RT3 members
- Veronika EyringRT3 leader, ESMValTool PIInstitute for Atmospheric Physics (DLR), Germany.Veronika EyringRT3 leader, ESMValTool PI
Veronika is involved in the World Climate Research Programme (WCRP) through her roles as Chair of the Coupled Model Intercomparison Project (CMIP) Panel and member of the scientific steering committees for the Chemistry-Climate Model Initiative (CCMI), the Working Group on Coupled Modeling (WGCM), the WCRP Data Advisory Council's (WDAC) Observations for Model Evaluation Task Team, and the Working Group on Numerical Experimentation (WGNE)/WGCM Climate Model Metrics Panel.
- Reto KnuttiRT3 leaderInstitute for Atmospheric and Climate Science (ETH), SwitzerlandReto KnuttiRT3 leader
Reto’s research and teaching include many topics related to climate change and computer models: long term projections, scenarios, climate targets, climate and carbon cycle feedbacks, uncertainties, model evaluation, model weighting, natural climate variability, detection and attribution, climate sensitivity, ocean heat uptake, extreme events, regional projections, climate services, and more.
- Alexander Löw †WP7 leader, ESMValTool developerLudwig Maximilian University (LMU), GermanyAlexander Löw †WP7 leader, ESMValTool developer
Alex’s research interests involve: global energy and water flows, climate modelling and model evaluation, remote sensing (focusing microwave remote sensing), synergy of models and data (data assimilation).
†deceased, 2 July 2017
- Peter CoxWP8 leaderUniversity of Exeter (UNEXE), UKPeter CoxWP8 leader
Peter’s current research interests are: climate-carbon cycle feedbacks, dynamic global vegetation modelling, impact of atmospheric pollutants on ecosystem services, carbon cycle data assimilation, geoengineering, climate tipping points, and maximum entropy production and the Earth system.
- Bill CollinsWP9 leaderUniversity of Reading (UREAD), UKBill CollinsWP9 leader
Bill’s research interests include: biogeochemical feedbacks in the Earth System, climate impacts of short-lived climate pollutants, impacts of climate change on air quality, and impacts of ozone and nitrogen deposition on ecosystems.